Author Topic: can someone please explain this for me?  (Read 7427 times)

Show Me The $

• View Profile
Re: can someone please explain this for me?
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2013, 09:24:07 AM »
I don't know why it is, or why LC thinks it's acceptable, but all extra payments - anyone who pays in full or pays extra on their principal - take a while to get through the system. Maybe these payments have to be processed manually and there is a backlog? I dunno. Also, it is typical to see them credit one "normal" payment out of the larger payment the borrower made, and then the rest of the money shows up later in a separate payment.

I have a note that paid $17 and change with a completion date of 3/15. 3/25 I got $11.02 and a separate payment of $5.89 (I have no idea why they thought that made sense). Another one had a completion date of 3/18 and payment arrived 3/26. So they always have a delay.

That said, a month (or nearly a month) seems too long to me and I would write LC an e-mail and ask about it.

Thank  You Sarah!

DanB

• A lie told often enough becomes The Truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2013, 09:42:42 AM »
Give you a break? Hey you're the one asking for help here. It's not my job to answer your questions. The least you can do is be accurate in your statements. I'm done here.

Quite frankly sir....you are a jerk. The last time I checked forums such as this were meant to help people, not be A-holes to them. I am sorry my questions are not intelligent enough to be worthy of your precious time. Besides, who the hell said you had to answer them? If you don't like it, stop participating. Have a nice day

Apology accepted. Now if you could be polite & say "thank you" for trying to answer my question...............then we would be even.

mitgib

• View Profile
    • Hostigation High Resource Hosting
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2013, 10:04:54 AM »
I don't know why it is, or why LC thinks it's acceptable, but all extra payments - anyone who pays in full or pays extra on their principal - take a while to get through the system. Maybe these payments have to be processed manually and there is a backlog? I dunno. Also, it is typical to see them credit one "normal" payment out of the larger payment the borrower made, and then the rest of the money shows up later in a separate payment.

I have a note that paid $17 and change with a completion date of 3/15. 3/25 I got $11.02 and a separate payment of $5.89 (I have no idea why they thought that made sense). Another one had a completion date of 3/18 and payment arrived 3/26. So they always have a delay.

That said, a month (or nearly a month) seems too long to me and I would write LC an e-mail and ask about it.

LC uses Windows, that should explain everything dumb that happens

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2013, 10:39:37 AM »
LC uses Windows, that should explain everything dumb that happens

I think this is more about process than platform (hardware+software).

Peter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lend Academy
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2013, 04:45:41 PM »
Give you a break? Hey you're the one asking for help here. It's not my job to answer your questions. The least you can do is be accurate in your statements. I'm done here.

Quite frankly sir....you are a jerk. The last time I checked forums such as this were meant to help people, not be A-holes to them. I am sorry my questions are not intelligent enough to be worthy of your precious time. Besides, who the hell said you had to answer them? If you don't like it, stop participating. Have a nice day

Yes, DanB can be a jerk and he is clearly being one here. These forums are about helping each other and I feel strongly that anyone should be able to ask any question they like without fear or reprisal. DanB is a long time investor and contributor on this forum as well as the blog and he has a great deal of knowledge. He can also be incredibly impatient and tactless. You are not the first person to be at the receiving end of one of these exchanges, I put up with it because he has a vast knowledge that can be very helpful. I have sent DanB a private message reminding him of my expectations for conduct on this forum. 
Publisher of the Lend Academy blog

See my returns here: http://www.lendacademy.com/returns

rawraw

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2013, 05:09:26 PM »
My note cleared yesterday.  :)

Stop stressing over it man.  Life is too short

Show Me The $

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2013, 02:20:57 AM »

Thanks Peter! I am just trying to navigate my way. I appreciate the forum and those who contribute for a common good. Thanks for teh friendly side of helping  8)

Yes, DanB can be a jerk and he is clearly being one here. These forums are about helping each other and I feel strongly that anyone should be able to ask any question they like without fear or reprisal. DanB is a long time investor and contributor on this forum as well as the blog and he has a great deal of knowledge. He can also be incredibly impatient and tactless. You are not the first person to be at the receiving end of one of these exchanges, I put up with it because he has a vast knowledge that can be very helpful. I have sent DanB a private message reminding him of my expectations for conduct on this forum.

Show Me The $

• View Profile
FOLLOW UP
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2013, 10:32:39 AM »
After waiting "almost" a month for this fully loan to pay off, I sent LC an email. I did NOT get a reply after 2 days BUT miraculously, the loan has been cleared up. My bet is a HUGE backlog and understaffing at LC. As soon as a complaint comes in, things get expedited. Just my opinion. Very strange system indeed.

Fred

• View Profile
Re: FOLLOW UP
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2013, 09:57:36 PM »
This is probably the key:  :o

... I sent LC an email.

Show Me The $

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2013, 05:50:52 AM »
As a follow up, I got a response.

Let's just say I was right, it WAS a problem. Let's also say that I found a kink in the lC system that I choose not to publicize here as I don't want the exploit being used.